Winter Holiday Destinations: 20 ideas how to spend your winter time
The winter separates the minds: Some people look forward to snow, freezing cold and icy temperatures, while others think of nothing but sunny beaches, bathing suits, and balmy breezes at summer destinations. Luckily, the world offers enough opportunities so that everybody can find the right spot.
The question is: Do you want to go where many other are? Or are you looking for a holiday that is quite from what you have experienced before? Here are some suggestions for one or the other.
5 proven winter holiday destinations with a frosty flair
- Skiing in Austria or in Switzerland
- Cross-country skiing in southern Germany
- Wellness holiday in the Black Forest
- Short break and visit the famous Christkindel Market in Nuremberg
- Christmas shopping in New York
5 proven winter holiday destinations with a summer feeling
- Sunbathing in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia or Indonesia
- Taking a break in southern Spain, e.g. Marbella, Málaga or in the Canary Islands
- Wintering in Florida or Mexico
- Vacationing on the beach in the Dominican Republic, Cuba, or Costa Rica
- Going on a safari in South Africa or Kenya
5 ideas for unusual winter holiday destinations with special winter magic
- Skiing in Bulgaria or Norway
- Cross-country skiing in Finland
- Winter hiking in the Saxon Switzerland
- Planning a wellness holiday in the Czech Republic or at the North Sea / Baltic Sea
- Enjyoing walks, sauna and evenings by the log fire in a Swiss chalet or cottage
5 ideas for unusual winter holiday destinations with a sense of a sunny summer feeling
- Short trip to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- Cultural holidays in Morocco or Tunisia
- Beach holiday on Cape Verde
- Sailing in Senegal
- Exploring Myanmar (former Burma)
There are countless possibilities for travel destinations in winter. If you’re flying into warm and sunny regions, then it would be great to think about the CO2 offset for a moment.
Aircrafts produce more CO2 than we are sometimes aware of. Here are some figures* as a guide for 1 person in economy class on a direct flight without a stopover.
- Frankfurt – Tenerife: 1.191 kg CO2, i.e. at least 3 trees for compensation
- Frankfurt – Bangkok, Thailand: 5.245 kg CO2, i.e. at least 9 trees for compensation
- Frankfurt – Santo Domingo, Dom. Republic: 3,973 kg CO2, i.e. at least 6 trees for compensation
- London – Bali: 7,680 kg CO2, i.e. at least 12 trees for compensation
- London – Sydney (including a stop-over in Bangkok or Singapore): 10,473 kg of CO2, i.e. at least 15 trees for compensation
- London – Cape Town: 5,848 kg of CO2, i.e. at least 9 trees for compensation
*Source: atmosfair emission calculator
So, what do you want to do next?
Your winter holiday booking helps afforest the hills in Dominican Republic
Just decide what you want to do next and choose your favorite booking partner. When you book with one of them, we will plant a tree on your behalf. 100% gratis.