Tree subscription: What is it?
A tree subscription is the easiest way to compensate for your carbon dioxide (CO2) footprint. Of course, it would be best to avoid CO2 emissions as best as you can. If you can’t, you can compensate for them. With a tree subscription, you plant trees regularly, based on your CO2 footprint and budget.
Advantages of a tree subscription
- You make a valuable contribution to environmental protection.
- You lower your personal carbon footprint.
- You get a snippet for your website that counts your trees automatically.
- Your employees and customers positively perceive your contribution to climate protection.
- You can profit by using your contribution for your own marketing.
- As an employer, you will attract young, skilled people to your company.
The question should not be whether you plant trees, but how many.
Every tree counts.
Every year, each person in the USA or Canada causes CO2 emissions of 16 tons. The global per capita average in 2016 was 4.8 tons.* It is not a matter of calculating your CO2 balance and offsetting it one time only. We need to accept the fact that climate protection is a fundamental part of our consumption. We must consciously avoid offers that are carbon-heavy and contribute regularly.
CO2 and greenhouse gases arise with everything you do and buy.
Almost any activity in our daily life causes CO2 emissions. Often, users don’t realize that everything consumes natural resources and energy, e.g., the production process. As long as manufacturers don’t use energy from renewable sources, every item we use relates to some CO2 emissions. Furthermore, each transport, storage, and delivery causes more CO2 emissions. Here are some examples of hidden CO2:
- Everything we eat and drink
- Every smartphone or tablet we buy
- Every fashion item we wear
- Every item we order online
- Using the internet and every search in a search machine
- Watching TV and every second of a streaming service
- Every travel, night in a hotel, and car ride
Travel & Tree signet for your contribution
[English version to be available soon]
With a tree subscription, you get an HTML code to embed in your website. The code will instantly inform visitors to your website that you care about the climate and contribute towards its protection. The HTML code represents a signet, which shows the number of trees you have planted. It also shows the corresponding CO2 equivalent that you have offset. The signet will automatically update itself every month. This information will soon be available in English.