Help recover our burning forests again
Every year, raging fires destroy valuable forests in various countries around the world. There is nothing left of the beauty of a forest, an oasis for all senses. Destruction as far as the eye can see. Brave firefighters die in forest fires, people lose their homes, and the atmosphere groans under the burden of the carbon dioxide released by these fires.
Climate change and the warming of our atmosphere are contributing to the fact that forest fires are becoming more frequent and greater every year. Droughts, trees weakened by bark beetles and many other factors are the result of climate change and favor the unchecked spread of a forest fire. Help to maintain the beauty of our earth and bring the climate back into balance. Let’s plant millions of trees to reduce the impact of these natural disasters, destroying the basis of all our lives worldwide.
Chain of cause and effect # drougths
- Droughts (dry air) => increasing danger of inflammation. Dry turf and lightning strikes increase the likelihood of wildfires and more mega forest fires (such as in Australia in 2019-2020) => vast quantities of CO2 released to the atmosphere => global warming => more droughts.
- Droughts (dry trees) => booming bark beetle populations => forest devastations => release of stored CO2 into the atmosphere => global warming = more droughts.
Consequences of rising temperatures on earth
- ice to melt worldwide in the mountains and in the polar caps
- scarcity of fresh water
- some populations of species are booming, such as mosquitoes, ticks, jellyfish, crop pests and bark beetles
- global sea level is rising by 3.4 millimeters every year
- erosion of coastal lines
- increasing drought
Bark beetles are a serious problem to our forests. Their population has exploded over the last years because of higher temperatures and increasing droughts in the forests. Their immense distribution derange the natural balance of an intact forest that then leads to even greater damage during a forest fire. Bark beetles have already devastated millions of hectares of forests. The more CO2 is emitted to our atmosphere, the more likely new major forest fires will occur.
Furthermore, every forest fire leads to the emission of CO2 in enormous quantities, which in turn leads to more droughts and more bark beetles. It’s a vicious cycle. Therefore, start planting trees today to help the world recover and get back to normal!
700 Trees # Climate
500 Trees # Climate
100 Trees # Climate
All trees are planted in Africa. Here you get the most value for your money. The various tree projects are non-governmental and every dollar plants a tree. For the atmosphere, it doesn’t matter where a tree is planted. It’s a global issue.
You can find more information under Tree Projects >>